As of December 17th, 2009, an automated customer satisfaction survey is available for callers who speak with an ACCESS agent.
In early 2010, self-service will become available through ACCESS. Customers will be able to hear their case status, benefit amount, and periodic report status without speaking to an agent. This service will be available 24/7.
ACCESS assists callers in a number of ways, some of which are listed below:
- Report lost or stolen EBT and BIC cards
- Report changes and updates to case information
- Find out the status of an application or case
- Request forms, packets, applications, and replacement BIC
- Apply for Medi-Cal
For data on calls handled by ACCESS agents, view the Monthly Calls Handled Graph.
For data on the number of persons served by programs supported by ACCESS, view the Program Trend Data website.
Phone System Navigation
The phone menu is interactive, allowing callers to speak their request or use the telephone key pad. Menu selections will route calls to the appropriate subject matter expert.
Main Menu Options:
- Customer - 1 - Speak or select this menu option if you:
- Are a current customer or have recently applied for benefits.
- Provider - 2 - Speak or select this menu option if you:
- Are a medical provider.
- Are an employee from a government agency.
- Appeals - 3 - Speak or select this menu option if you:
- Are calling because you disagree with a determination on your case.
- Information - 4 - Speak or select this menu option if you:
- Would like to request a Medi-Cal Application.
- Would like to know where the closest Family Resource Center is located.
- Would like to know more about available medical, nutrition and cash aid programs.
- Other - 5 - Speak or select this menu option if you:
- Would like to report a suspected case of Fraud.
- Would like to speak with the Office of Revenue and Recovery.
ACCESS representatives can respond to general inquiries via e-mail. Be aware that certain information cannot be shared via e-mail due to its confidentiality issues. Requests submitted via e-mail will be responded to within 3 business days. If you cannot wait up to 3 business days, please call ACCESS at 1-866-262-9881.