The County of San Diego Registrar of Voters provides the following services:
• Audiocassettes for sight-impaired voters: The cassettes can be heard in English, Filipino, Spanish, and Vietnamese and are available at several locations throughout the county, including the Braille Institute, San Diego Center for the Blind, San Diego Central Library, Mark Gould Center for the Blind, and County Library branches in areas with local measures on the ballot.
• Accessible polling places: The mailing label of the back of the sample ballot and voter information booklet indicates whether a voter’s polling place is accessible to voters with disabilities. If a polling place does not address a voter’s needs, contact the Registrar of Voters at (858) 565-5800 to make arrangements.
• Touch screen voting: A voter may request to use a touch screen voting unit instead of a paper ballot at a polling place.
• Curbside voting: Voters may request to vote in their car as close as possible to the polling place. A poll worker will qualify the voter and then return the completed ballot to the ballot box.
• Permanent mail voter: Voters can apply to vote by mail for a specific election or for all elections. Applications for this election must be received by the Registrar no later than 5 p.m. on October 28. By law, postmarks cannot be accepted.
• Vote in person at the Registrar’s office before the election: Voters can vote at the Registrar of Voters office today through Election Day. The office is located at 5201 Ruffin Road, Suite I, in Kearny Mesa.
For more information, contact the Registrar of Voters at (858) 565-5800; toll free at (800) 696-0136; and for hearing impaired at (858) 694-3441; or visit www.sdvote.com.