Your annual chance is coming to go green with your lawnmower and save money doing it.
The Lawnmower Trade-In Event is set for May 16 in the north parking lot of the County Administration Center, 1600 Pacific Highway. County residents who drop off their gas-powered mower will be able to purchase a Black & Decker cordless, battery-rechargeable mower, normally sold for $399, for only $150 including tax. The County will only accept gas mowers that are in working condition.
Video (wmv). Lawnmower Trade-In Public Service Announcement
- Photo I.D. and proof of San Diego County residency (includes cities and unincorporated area).
(Any of the following: California Driver License, state-issued Identification Card, passport, utility bill, or your personal check that shows your local address.)
- One (1) lawn mower per household, oil and gas emptied from tank prior to arrival.
(To recycle your oil, call Waste Management at 619-596-5100 or 760-439-2824 or City of San Diego Environmental Services 858-492-5060.)
- Lawn mower must be in proper working condition and have all appropriate parts attached.
(Lawn mower will be inspected, and fuel will be available in the event it is necessary to verify that your mower is in working condition.)
(Cash, check or credit card with proper I.D.)
The North parking lot will be made available to participants, using the driveway on Pacific Highway to enter. Participants may also park in the South parking lot (paid parking run by Ace Parking) or in the metered parking in the surrounding area. (Meter requirements on Saturdays begin at 8 a.m.)
Note to Participants
- There is a limited number of lawn mowers that will be distributed on a first-come/first-serve basis. (We suggest participants arrive earlier than the 8 a.m. start time. Feel free to bring a lawn chair for your comfort while in line.)
- One lawnmower per person.
- The “Start Line” will begin at the East driveway of the North parking lot on Pacific Highway.
Important: Please do not leave your mower unattended until you have received your Participant Number. You must be in line with your old mower before a number can be given. A number cannot be given to a fellow participant holding your place in line or keeping an eye on your mower for you.
For more information, call (858) 586-2707
Email Updates Get County news and information delivered to your inbox